Gobble tov! I’m busy preparing for our first (and last) ever Thanksgivukkah, a once-in-a-chaim event, if you will. While I don’t want to totally ruin the surprise for my guests, here’s a little sneak preview of the menu I’m planning, two days out. I’ll do a full recap, for sure, but I wanted to throw out some helpful links before the main event in case anyone is still looking for Thanksgivukkah recipes.
- Herb roasted turkey breast
- Mashed potatoes and gravy
- Sweet potato latkes (made by Gabe, no recipe yet)
- My favorite stuffing recipe, but made with challah instead of french bread
- Roasted brussels sprouts
- Pumpkin challah (braided into individual rolls)
- Bourbon pumpkin tart
- Hanukkah cookies
The decor will revolve around the two complementary colors of blue (for Hanukkah) and orange (for Thanksgiving). Seems like even the color wheel wanted these two holidays to collide. Alrighty, gotta run. Challah’s going in the oven!