Right now I’m enjoying a bit of quiet time after a very busy week. Gabe finished finals and I threw him a birthday party on Saturday night. The theme? Star Wars.
I had so much fun planning this party. Any excuse to make up terrible puns (Han-burgers anyone?) is a win in my book. Our guests loved the opportunity to create Jedi names, duel with light sabers, and act all-around silly. And yes, I put my hair in Princess Leia buns.
I apologize for the blurry iPhone photos… I was having too much fun to take “real” photos!
- Veggie Patty-wans
- Vader Taters (potato chips)
- C-3(pea)O Salad
- Ewok Food (pretzel sticks, goldfish crackers, dried cherries)
- Wookie Cookies (cookie cutters are from Williams-Sonoma)
- Light Sabers (I dyed the white chocolate with food coloring)
- Coruscant Cupcakes (funfetti with buttercream)
- Thermal Detonators (chocolate-covered pretzel bites from a local candy store)
- Yoda Soda (limeade and soda) and Add Your Own Nabooze (vodka and rum)